Saturday, August 11, 2012

Gold And Glitter Mingle Cards Swap

These are the cards I created for the Michael Strong Gold And Glitter Mingle Cards Swap, which took place at the enjoyMichaelStrongstamps Yahoo Group.

I made 2 very similar cards for 2 group members, one was sent to Australia and the other to the US.

I chose contrasting colors - black and gold, and the Gecko which is a symbol of good luck.


Supplies used:
Cream CS for the card's basis
Textured patterned paper - Making Memories - Metallique Floral Brocade Varn
Black CS
Shiny gold paper
Martha Stewart Deep Edger Punch - Garden Trellis
EK Success Corner Adorner
Michael Strong stamp - Gecko (large)
Embossing ink
Gold EP
Ranger's Stickles - green

Double-sided foam tape

Green envelopes


I chose a matt gold patterned paper which has a lovely texture to it, as if it's been embossed all over.
I punched both the black CS and the shiny gold paper, using Martha Stewart Deep Edger Punch - Garden Trellis.
I rounded the corners of another piece of the shiny gold paper and layered all the papers onto the crad's basis.
Then I stamped Michael Strong's Gecko on black CS, using embossing ink.
I heat embossed it with gold embossing powder and cut it with scissors.
The Gecko was glued 3D for extra dimension.
I decorated a bit here and there with some green stickles for glitter and glam.

(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

1 comment:

  1. Oh Dorly, these are so cute - I love the little gecko. Can't wait to see the one you sent to Meredith "in the flesh". :-)
    Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.