Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sweet Birthday Flower and Snowflake Rosette Card

This is my 3rd card for this week as Card Captain at the enjoyMichaelStrongstamps Yahoo Group.
It's a sweet birthday card, in vivid colors.
The ice cream reminded me of snow, so I used the Snowflake Rosette as a main motif.


















Supplies used:
Cream CS for the card's basis
Red leather textured CS
Basic Grey patterned paper
White CS for the Snowflake Rosette and for the sentiment
Light blue leather textured CS for stamping
Ranger Distress ink - fired brick
Michael Strong Cloisonné Flower Stamp (small)
Emboss Ink
Gold EP
Gold ink
Plain round brad, hand painted with red nail polish
Tim Holtz Snowflake Rosette Die
Green Gel Pen
White, light green and pink half pearls with sticky back
3D double sided foam tape













I cut, folded and adhered the Snowflake Rosette, then I added some gold ink to make it more shiny and elegant.
I stamped Michael Strong's Cloisonné Flower using Emboss Ink, and heat embossed it using gold EP.
I cut it with scissors and glued it to the center of the Snowflake Rosette.
I added a plain round brad, hand painted with red nail polish, for decoration and to hold the flower and the Snowflake Rosette together.
I added fired brick Ranger Distress ink to the BG paper and to the white CS, in order to enhance them.
The sentiment was hand written by me, using green Gel Pen.
I layered the papers, adhered the sentiment 3D, and added quite a few half pearls with sticky back, to fit the ice cream colors and for extra glam.


















(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

1 comment:

  1. Dorly, your birthday card is beautiful! Very fun for someone's special day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.