Monday, October 5, 2015

Happy Birthday Butterfly Card

I'm Card Captain of the enjoyMichaelStrongstamps Yahoo Group for this week, so for 5 days I'll be showing you several works using Michael Strong's stamps. I hope you'll find them inspiring.
My 1st card for this week is a Happy Birthday Butterfly Card, quite simple but pretty.




















I used Michael Strong's Cloisonné Butterfly stamp (small) from the Mini Wings set.
The Happy Birthday script is my own handwriting.


















(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it) 
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for being our card captain this week.
    Your card has a wonderful distressed background.
    Love the musical notes for a birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely birthday card. I love the musical background. The lacy purple circle is perfect for the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color combination in your card.
    Nice birthday card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty card . Welcome back to the group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your handwriting is lovely, better than any stamp. Can't wait to see the rest of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Dorly! Love the way you added color to the embossed music background layer! And also the "happy birthday" layer! Mike's butterfly looks so pretty on the delicate scallop circle! ANd I like the bottom part with the "newsprint look"! THanks for sharing your creativity! hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card- love the musical notes background- and the butterfly is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice card, Dorly.
    I so envy your lovely penmanship.
    ( I can't even read my own once it's cold) ;^)
    mary l.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's great to have you back, Dorly.
    I never thought of combining an embossing folder and a lovely die such as this one with Mike's stamps, but now I see how well they go together.
    Thanks for showing!

    greetings, Trix

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty. Love the background notes, and the happy birthday with the pearls, and the color of your card. Very cute little butterfly. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous background colours and your handwriting is so neat! Mine always looks like a spider did it these days - too much keyboard use ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.