Saturday, July 29, 2017

Michael Strong Black and White Blog Hop journaling page

Michael Strong Black and White Blog Hop journaling page

Welcome to the Michael Strong Black and White Blog Hop!

I hope you have arrived here from Lola Radnoti's blog: http://raevon59.wordpress.com/


My project is a double spread journaling page, in a regular sized notebook (A5).












For the background, I used a collage of randomly torn pages from a Mythology book which I saved from being thrown away – I upcycled it for a good purpose.

I also used a photo from the same book, showing a figure which seems to say "It'll be OK", very confidently.

I used Mike's Whimsical Owl stamp, heat embossed with an extra sparkly and shiny black EP, hand cut with scissors.















Here's a link to Michael Strong’s catalogue, where you can see all the wonderful stamps (and more) Mike has:
http://www.strongstamps.com/catalog-rubber-stamps-supplies/index.htm

The Washi Tape at the bottom of the page is actually a rather wide fabric tape.
It's directing the way to a one-way-ticket destination, leading to a positive and optimistic ending of the road, which goes along with the Sentiment.
The hand-written Sentiment is a very optimistic one.










The next blog you should hop to is Rosie Guiher's blog:
http://gramig05-playtime.blogspot.nl/

Please notice: if leave a comment in Mike’s blog, you may be lucky and win some blog candy stamps.

I missed blogging, and I'm glad to be back.

(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly


11 comments:

  1. Good to see your blog is working now Dorly.
    A very interesting page you have made with the owl stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun journal layout, Dorly. Great theme and cute play on the word, owl! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to use the owl. I like the fabric tape at the end. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaki molcho.July 29, 2017

    Interesting work of textures created by the density of the texts of the book pages and the hand writing. The other elements suggesting open code to let each observer find his own interpretation. I like it, Dorly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dorly, Thanks for joining in the fun! Your clever journal pages are great! I tried to see it earlier but it wasn't posted yet so I am glad I tried again. Keep up the creative life! Mike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the owl! I also love the concept for the journally. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So creative! Love your cute owl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousJuly 30, 2017

    קסם מחוייך של עיצוב,,:-)..אהבתי את האמירה,,,את ה"סקסופוניסט":-)) שמלווה מהצד,, ואת דרך המלך",,,:-))))...אמירה נהדרת עם אנרגיה טובה ואופטימית....אהבתי ...
    שבוע טוב חדש ומוצלח ....ורצוי גם ממוזג:-)
    צילה

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousJuly 30, 2017

    Very creative - love the owl for your journaling page !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! Beautiful project!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.