Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Japanese Kimono Card #1

Here's a new card I created using vivid, happy colors.

Ingredients:
White CS for the card's basis
Red leather textured CSDovercraft patterned paper (Eastern Promise)
A recycled piece of a cereals package
Martha Stewart Large Punch around the Page - Double Arches set
Michael's Strong's Cloisonné Kimono stamp
Embossing ink
Gold EP
ProMarkers - I used Poppy, Vanilla and Cocoa
3D foam tape
Clear and red blings


I used the patterned paper, its corners punched using Martha Stewart Large Punch around the Page - Double Arches set (I used only the corner punch here).
I stamped Michael Strong's Cloisonné Kimono on a piece of cereals package (I say: reuse and recycle whenever possible!)
I heat embossed the stamped image with gold EP.
Then I carefully cut the Kimono using TH scissors. I didn't use Michael Strong's die cutters here because the cereals package was very thick.
I colored the Kimono using ProMarkers and glued it 3D for extra dimension.
I added several clear and red blings to add some glam.


Take a look at the Kimono's close-up.
Now you see why this is my Japanese Kimono Card #1 - there will definitely be more of them.

(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

2 comments:

  1. Judy I, St. Louis MO USAMay 25, 2011

    Dorly, that is a fabulous card. I've recycled cereal boxes, but primarily to use as shims for my Cuttlebug. I never thought of stamping on them, then cutting them out for added dimension on a card. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.