Thursday, May 26, 2011

Japanese Kimono Iris Folding Card

This card made me try the Iris Folding technique.
This is my first Iris Folding card EVER and it's a lot of fun!
I have no idea why I never tried it before, but I'm going to use this technique over and over again.
You can find a tutorial here
You can find the pattern in Michael Strong's blog.
If you want your pattern to match the size of Michael Strong's Kimono Die Cutter, print it after resizing it to exactly 3.78 x 4.57 inches (who said size doesn't matter? lol)

I used contrasting yet complementary colors in order to get an elegant card.

Ingredients:
Cream leather textured CS for the card's basis
Cream leather textured CS for the Kimono Iris Folding
Original Japanese Aizome Chiyogami patterned papers
Michael Strong's Kimono Die Cutter
3D foam tape
Turquoise blings in 2 sizes

I used Michael Strong's Kimono Die Cutter to cut a Kimono shaped hole in my CS.
I created the Kimono Iris Folding on the back of my CS and turned it over, its textured side up.
I used original Japanese Aizome Chiyogami patterned papers, which were brought to me from Japan by a friend.
I glued the finished CS using 3D foam tape onto the card's basis for extra dimension.
I added several turquoise blings to add some glam.

Take a look at the Kimono's close-up.
You can see the Iris Folding layers of the Japanese papers.

(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 27, 2011

    כרטיס אלגנטי ויפה.
    ליאור

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.