Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Early Christmas Card

I'm Card Captain of the enjoyMichaelStrongstamps Yahoo Group for this week, so for 5 days I'll be showing you several works using Michael Strong's stamps. I hope you'll find them inspiring.
My 2nd card for this week is an Early Christmas Card, but is it ever too early?
The main motif in this card is the Christmas tree.
I chose a nontraditional color combo.

Ingredients:
Red leather textured CS for the card's basis
Light blue leather textured CS
Patterned paper - Christmas Paper pad by Crafty Individuals
Gold paper
Dark grey leather textured CS
Michael Strong's Cloisonné Christmas Tree Stamp (large)
Embossing ink
Black EP
Red and clear blings

I chose these papers for a somewhat nontraditional color combo.
I stamped Michael Strong's Cloisonné Tree on dark grey leather textured CS, heat embossed it with black EP and cut it out using TH scissors.
The Tree was glued 3D with foam tape for extra dimension, and so was its backgound.
I added red and clear blings for extra glam.

I hope it isn't too early to get some Christmas inspiration.
(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

1 comment:

  1. Great card, Dorly! You will be ready by Christmas with all your cards.
    The background is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.