Monday, October 31, 2011

Pink Pearls From The Ocean Card

I'm Card Captain of the enjoyMichaelStrongstamps Yahoo Group for this week, so for 5 days I'll be showing you several works using Michael Strong's stamps. I hope you'll find them inspiring.
My 1st card for this week is a Seashell card in ice cream colors (yummy!) and it is also my entry to October's pink challenge.





Ingredients:
Cream leather textured CS for the card's basis
Patterned background paper (from my stash) in pink and white
Light cream CS
Gold paper
Kraft CS
Swirl Edger Punch by EK Success
Michael Strong's Cloisonné Shell Stamp (large)
Embossing ink
Gold EP
ProMarkers - Vanilla, Cocoa and Pastel Pink
Pink half pearls
3D double sided foam tape


The main motif in this card is the Seashell, found in the ocean and related to pearls.
I used the Swirl Edger Punch by EK Success to create scraps with edges resembling waves, and stacked them on the patterned background paper.
I stamped Michael Strong's Cloisonné Seashell on a very thick white CS (used for watercolor painting), heat embossed it with gold EP and cut it out using TH scissors.

Then I colored it using ProMarkers - Vanilla, Cocoa and Pastel Pink.
The Seashell was glued 3D with foam tape for extra dimension.
I added several pink half pearls for extra glam.
Talking about pink…

Here's what my youngest son brought me when he came home from school.
The pink ribbon is so symbolic for this month that I had to take a photo of the Cyclamens before and after I opened my gift.



(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Can'd wait to see the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card- wonderful scene- love the ice cream colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dorly! congrats on your lovely card; I like the ice-cream colour combos. Such a lovely gift from your son; I adore cyclamens too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Dorly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.