Monday, February 20, 2012

Flower, Rosette and Ribbons Card

Here is my 1st card for this week as Card Captain of the enjoyMichaelStrongstamps Yahoo Group

I created this card for a dear family member who has recently (finally!) retired from work.
I hope he'll have many opportunities and a lot of free time to have fun, and to travel often - especially to Israel.

This card is especially suitable for a man, because of its strong and masculine color combo.

It is also my interpretation of this month's sketch (#42) at the group.

Supplies used:
White CS for the card's basis
Red and cream leather textured CS
Basic Grey patterned paper - Origins (2 pages)
Patterned paper for the Rosette (from a friend)
Spellbinder Nestabilities Classic Circles
Michael Strong's Cloisonné Flower Stamp (small)
StazOn ink - Black
Tim Holtz Rosette Flower Die
Polka Dot satin ribbons in 3 colors
Sentiment - "Happy Retirement" gold rub-on
Light green blings in various sizes
Double sided foam tape

I stamped Michael Strong's Cloisonné Flower using black StazOn ink.
I cut and layered the papers according to the sketch.
Well, I had to alter it a little bit.
So I moved the circles, the rosette and stamped flower to one side of the bottom circle to create an asymmetric look.
Then I added this whole stack a bit outside of the patterned paper square.
I added the ribbons the sentiment.Most elements were glued 3D for extra dimension.Then I added several blings for extra glam (men like it too, I hope…)

(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, Dorly. Love the rosettes and the way you adhered the single ribbon strip to the top.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.