Friday, July 8, 2011

Red Black & White Kimono Card

This is my 5th card this week as Card Captain of the Michael Strong's Yahoo group.

Ingredients:
Red leather textured CS for the card's basis
Black canvas textured CS
White CS
Cuttlebug embossing folder - Distressed Stripes
Ranger's Distress ink - Fired Brick
A recycled piece of a cereals package
Michael's Strong's Cloisonné Kimono stamp
Embossing ink
Hematite EP
3D foam tape
Clear and red blings

I embossed the white CS through the Cuttlebug and distressed it using Ranger's Distress ink - Fired Brick.
I stamped Michael Strong's Cloisonné Kimono on a piece of cereals package (I say: reuse and recycle whenever possible!)
I heat embossed the stamped image with Hematite EP.
Then I carefully cut the Kimono using TH scissors. I didn't use Michael Strong's die cutters here because the cereals package was very thick.
I layered the papers and added the Kimono using 3D foam tape for extra dimension.
I added several clear and red blings to add some glam.





(You can enlarge each photo by clicking on it)

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed. Have a creative day! Dorly

2 comments:

  1. Great card Dorly! Love the background and red splashed of color and texture!

    Take care and STAY POSTIIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Dorly. Just the right background and perfect amount of color. The kimono image is lovely and bling-y!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it.